Sunday, May 01, 2005

walk in the carp

t larussa’s postgame bitching about the vanishing strike zone saturday raised some eyebrows (and irishes) in bravesblogland. in a post titled cram it, tony, sabernomics writes: "I’m just going to come out and say it: I don’ t like Tony LaRussa. I think he’s a conceded [sic] jerk who has a wee bit too much confidence in his own intelligence and morality."

and those remarks are complimentary compared to the comments at braves journal, including these reasoned opinions:

La Russa is such a prick.
LaRussa just has pent up anger because it has been 16 years since he won a World Series.
La Russa can lick my butt hole. and admire it too.

truth be told, i don’t much care either for this part of la russa’s personality. isn’t this sort of whining and pouting supposed to be the cubs’ specialty? put me down next to calvin pitt over at the birdwatch: "I'd prefer if LaRussa didn't say things like this. . . . . Tony should have applied that 'gag order' to himself as well as the team."